Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Food for Thought... or tailgating

Every year when football season rolls around, my friends and I plan our tailgates. Without a doubt, I am always begged to bring my "Seven Layer Taco Dip." I cannot completely take credit for the recipe as it originated from someone other than me. However, I have tweaked it to be my own and wanted to share it with you. It is SO easy, you can make it the night before, and I can guarantee it will be gone within an hour.

Ingredients:
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
1 large tomato, chopped
1 bunch chopped green onions
1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1-2 bags tortilla chips
9x13 foil pan

Directions:
1.  Take can of refried beans and spread as bottom layer in the 9x13 pan. (I use the foil pan so I can just throw it out when the dip is gone... because it is ALWAYS gone.)
2. Mix softened cream cheese, sour cream and package of taco seasoning together. Spread mixture as second layer on top of the beans.
3. Top the bottom two layers with salsa.
4. Place a layer of tomato, green onions and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives. (You can add or remove ingredients. I like to add diced jalapenos! You may also add a layer of guacamole or lettuce if you please!)

I am by no means the next Emeril, Paula Deen or Food Network Star, but I have a few recipes up my sleeve. If you need any more ideas, recipes or have questions, just ask! laura@aotourism.com

No comments:

Post a Comment